Using Cognitive Bots for the F&B (Food and Beverage) industry
Recent news articles indicate that the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak has impacted Food and Beverage (F&B) industry, especially those operating restaurants in Singapore significantly. At the same time, popularity of online food and deliveries seems to be on the rise, as experienced by providers such as Deliveroo.
As restaurant owners and operators negotiate rent with landlords to cut operating costs, this lull period is also a good time to review internal processes and explore technologies that can potentially boost productivity and reduce reliance on manual labour. A multi-functional A.I. tool such as Gleematic can assist in the following areas.
- Customer service:
- Using face-recognition to detect visitor’s face at the reception, you can get Gleematic robot to pull out the details (e.g. past orders, birthday) of a customer from a CRM system (e.g. Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.), and recommend dishes or show up relevant promotions.
- You can track the frequency of visits or online orders, and offer loyalty points, or even link up to loyalty-management systems.
- Acknowledging deliveries from suppliers can be done digitally using Gleematic. It has OCR and intelligent document extraction to detect information from invoices, check against the Purchase Orders, acknowledge deliveries, and update in your ERP (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Navision) or Accounting system.
- Gleematic can also consolidate data from POS (Point of Sales) systems of multiple outlets for quick reporting and analysis.
- Inventory checking
- Gleematic can make sure that the information in the ordering system is synced with the inventory management system, so that it can alert humans if any particular ingredient in the kitchen is running low.
- The bots can also manage and process ordering of items. You can use Gleematic to send out RFQs (Request for Quotations), compare quotes (information extraction) and give you a recommendation of which supplier to go with. It can also send reminder emails to a party to provide missing info or communicate other messages.
- Human Resource management
- Calculating over-time and shift-pay can be a tricky and time-consuming task for HR staff. Use Gleematic to read data from “clock-in” systems, apply your in-house formulae to calculate pays, and ensure that the correct amount is paid out to staff.
- Allocation of staff can also be optimized by analyzing the pattern of peak-periods in different locations, so that optimal number of staff can be arranged.
Gleematic can assist F&B operators or those in the food industry through the above areas and more. Take this lull period to review your processes and consider to “future-proof” your F&B business with cognitive software robots. We’d be happy to talk more to help you grow your business.
Written By: Ada Lim