The outbreak of COVID-19 has reduced numbers of tourists from all over the world and individuals are required to stay at home with little/ reduced level of social contact or travel to different countries.
Challenge: Cancellation, postponements, refunds for flights (or other tickets) and tour packages
- Tour agency has to handle manual work of coordinating with airlines and hotels
- A lot of different systems that are not linked to one another
- Some identity documents need to be verified
- Tour-agents not being able to work in office most of the time but to work from home due to “lock down”
- Install Cognitive Automation Robots in office to connect with various I.T. applications that are only available on office network
- Log in remotely to control the software robots
- For reading scans of documents, OCR (Optical Character Recognition) can digitise the data. After that, NLP (Natural Language Processing) and machine-learning will come in to make sense of the data for intelligent document extraction. This means extracting of information and classifying the data into specified fields/ categories, such as name(s) of person(s), address, passport number, date of birth, etc.
- After data has been digitised, extracted and classified, the rules-based automation can take over to enter data into various systems.
- These software robots can give reports of how much work has been done.